2: John Childers – 30 Year Seminar Expert Shares His Secrets to Online Success
In the second episode of the Memberships and Courses Podcast, Tracy Childers interviews John Childers about how he got into selling courses and memberships.
John started in the early 80s by purchasing his first home study course and that kicked off a lifetime of learning and eventually teaching.
John shares valuable lessons for anyone wanting to start their own online business around teaching others via courses and memberships…
- The secret to captivating any audience — whether you’re a speaker, YouTuber, podcaster, teacher, or coach. Even if, you’ve never given a speech before, are not an expert, and shaking so bad you’re knees are knocking… a 40-year speaking veteran reveals how to reel in an audience and keep them hanging on every word you say (03:29)
- How to create a new course from idea to done in just a few days — a course that’ll be better than 99% of the courses out there (that probably took months, agonizing over every detail, to create). Skip all that just do it the way this veteran speaker shows you and you’ll have a high quality course in a matter of days (19:10).
- A clever way to turn your online course into a high-end service with no extra work on your part (36:10).
- Word-for-word what to say when when someone accuses you of making your money “selling courses” and not the topic you’re teaching — from a grisly, old information publishing vet (23:04).
- A high school dropout turned millionaire speaker’s “gun to the head” method of rapid course creation. When you’re under the gun and have to produce a course as fast as humanly possible… do this (07:32).
- How to “bluff” your want into any industry. You don’t need to be an expert, you don’t need a product, you don’t even need to be running your online business full-time, yet. A clever way old school direct marketers wormed their way into new markets with no experience, no credentials, and nothing to sell (05:20).
- A sneaky way to get bestselling authors, celebrities, and multi-million dollar online business owners to create your course curriculum for you (16:04).
- Stick Strategy. How to turn people who wanna cancel into lifetime members using a devious (but completely ethical) content trick developed by old school seminar speakers (42:23).
- An ingenious technique for turning a single piece of content into multiple high-quality products and services. Maximize what you earn from what you know (04:45).
- A “godly” example of creating evergreen content that’s still relevant 10, 20, even 30 years later (meaning, it can be sold and profited from for decades to come) (08:51).
- A “no-edit” method of content creation seminar speakers use to create high-priced information products with zero editing or back-end work (17:48).
- Never run out of content for your membership site. A clever way to tap into an endless source of content discovered by an old school telephone marketer (30:08).
This episode is sponsored by WishList Member. If you want to get a membership site funnel blueprint at no cost, visit this site: https://wishlistmember.com/funnel/