10: Mark Thompson – Co-Founder of PayKickstart Talks about Getting Started from Zero, Creating Digital Products, and Building a Successful Business
Important Links Mark Mentioned in the Show:
Mark’s Business: https://paykickstart.com/
PayKickstart Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/paykickstart
In this episode of the Memberships and Courses Podcast, you’ll hear from Mark Thompson, the Co-Founder of PayKickstart, an online billing/checkout/affiliate system, and his journey from leaving his 9-5 job to building a successful business that let’s him live the lifestyle he dreamed.
Mark get’s real and shares the ups and downs of starting an online business, such as a membership site or online course. You’ll hear his practical advice on how to stay resilient and motivated to keep going.
Here are just a few highlights from the episode:
- Right away, Mark shares some powerful advice for everyone who’s starting a business or creating a product. He also shares some insider tips on how to check if your idea is profitable or not. (02:28)
- Mega-valuable psychological tactics to overcome hurdles and curveballs when it comes to building a successful business – online or offiline. Sam Altman, Beyonce, Penelope Holmes, and countless other successful people share the same mindset. (6:58)
- The jaw-dropping secret on how you can get your name and your brand out there, even if you’re a beginner. Mark did it during the early days of his career – and continues to do it and still swears by it to this day. (08:21)
- Mark talks about the frustrating thing his students, and most entrepreneurs do (hint: you’re probably doing it too!) (15:44)
- Learn about the first step to overcoming your fear of failure and gaining confidence in yourself. This has helped Mark throughout his career. (16:09)
- The wickedly-effective strategy that Mark utilizes for all of his businesses, and how you can start using it too. It’s a strategy that will help you gain new members, retain your current customers, and get more eyes on your business. (21:25)
- Insider information for Course Creators: Mark talks about the first and main thing you need to build a successful membership site. (24:19)
- Don’t miss it – Mark talks about some amazing tips for all entrepreneurs, how it changed his life, and how it can change yours, too! (38:31)
If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving a rating and review so more people can find and learn from this podcast. Thanks for listening!
Thinking of starting a membership site or want to see if your existing site is the best possible model? Check out the gratis resource below: